Sunday, August 3, 2008

UHaul...grrr

So my plan was in place to go to UHaul and rent an AutoTransport and save at least $100. I get to the UHaul place and am told that the Toyota 4Runner cannot tow the AutoTransport, even though I had checked online and with a representative that the towing setup will work. Confused, I called up the UHaul hotline and ask them whether or not my setup will work and am told it will work. Now I have the local UHaul saying one thing and UHaul national saying another thing. Since continuing with this seemed futile and wanting to get the towing done with, I started calling all the towing company numbers I could find being rejected because drivers were not in the area or that they would not do long distance towing until later that day.

My last resort was to use a towing company that I had seen negative online reviews for. It turns out they were great. I paid what other companies had quoted me, the guys met me within 15 minutes, and at the end of the day, I had a 1968 Triumph Spitfire sitting in the driveway.

Much thanks to my boyfriend for driving me around and putting up with my foul mood after being rejected by UHaul.

No comments: