Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mickey?

I actually ended up working on the car one more time today and the event that occurred was worth documenting.

Chris finally removed this pesky choke housing cable that I could not remove, no matter how much liquid wrench I used. But the main event was removing the cardboard transmission cover on the inside of the cover. First off, it's made out of cardboard. Albeit, sturdy cardboard lined with heat shield padding, it's cardboard...er.

After removing the cardboard, we were surprised to find a rodent's nest, possibly a mouse or mice's dwelling. Thank goodness there wasn't a rodent still living there, otherwise I probably would have ran out of the garage screaming. I still had the heebeegeebees vacuuming up the nest, as I was afraid of the possibility a dead rodent would appear. Bleck.

Hopefully through all this, my tolerance for smells, insects, rodents, and whatever may lie ahead will increase, because going into this, I am a big wimp.

No comments: