Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A treat...for myself

After a busy month at work, I decided to reward myself with a shopping spree at Harbor Freight and picked up a 6 ton A-frame bench shop press. It was something I had been considering to buy used off craigslist, but after no luck in my search and Harbor Freight having a sale, I splurged and bought a new press.

It was a bit of a pain to put it together by myself as it took some maneuvering to get all pieces to happily come together in some 3-dimensional shape. And then after all that effort, I still had to spend some time to get everything square before tightening all the bolts down. The paint job is sub-par as many parts show paint drips, but overall, the press is pretty sturdy and that's what really matters.

Up next, testing it out...

No comments: