Sunday, December 11, 2011

Long time no blog

Sorry, it's been a while since I last blogged, but things at work have been hectic and I've only had a few weekends to work on the Triumph. In one post, I'm going to try and list everything that I've been up to with the Triumph.

In my last post, I had ended with having to buy new brake calipers due to problems removing a bleeder screw. The new calipers arrived (with new pistons and seals which I had previously purchased to refurbish the old calipers..oh well) and I decided to brighten them up with some red caliper paint. Everything connected smoothly with the new calipers and I can check the front assembly unit as complete.

The front engine and transmission have been removed and I am only one part away from having a bare frame. The differential is the last that remains on the frame. I was hoping to finish restoring the frame this year before winter, but it looks like I'll have to wait until next year.

For this winter, my goal is to clean, sand, and restore the rear assembly unit (including rear drum brakes). I'm currently stuck on how to remove the brake drum screws that are being quite stubborn. A forum online mentioned using a centerpunch to tap the screw counter clockwise, but I do not have one in my tool kit. On the plus side, instead of having 4 screws that need to be removed, 1 screw was already missing, so there's only 3 to tackle.

I'll try to update with pictures when I get the chance.



No comments: