Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sad day for the dremel

Today, my dremel has stopped functioning properly. It still rotates when turned on, however, the button used to change dremel bits no longer properly grabs the bit and I am no longer able to change dremel bits. Right now, I am stuck with a small wire brush on the dremel, when what I really need to change to a differently angled wire brush.

The good news is that I found the part needed to fix the dremel online for $1.38. Bad news, the company charges a minimum $5 order fee plus $6 for shipping. So this part is now $12. I really don't want to buy a new dremel so I'm stuck buying the $12 part.

Below is a picture of the dremel taken apart. The new part needed is the locking bit at the top of the picture.

4 comments:

William said...

I have the same problem.

Where can I get this part?

amy said...

I ended up getting the part from eReplacementParts. For the Dremel 300 it is part number 817 in the link below.

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/dremel-300-f013030000-corded-multitool-parts-c-15440_15456_15469.html

Sean said...

Did it work and fix the dremel? I have the same problem, and would like to know if that was the right part you needed before I order it.

amy said...

Yep, the replacement part swapped right in. Since then, I've been super careful about slowing the dremel tip to a stop before trying to push the release button.