Monday, January 7, 2013

I have no idea where these parts go...

...well, I have a vague guess now where some of these parts go, but when I first unwrapped the red chassis parts I was clueless where these parts came from.  Since these parts were removed by the powdercoating shop, I did not have any close ups pictures and have not found any of the hundreds of pictures that I had taken to be of the correct angle to capture these parts. 

My guess are that these parts are for the rear engine mount (this I already knew), connecting the exhaust somehow, body bolt mounts, and ???

The two parts in the bottom right of the picture are the two
whose chassis location I am the least sure about.

3 comments:

John Tucker said...

Hi, I have a '67 Mk3 which I'm considering doing a rebuild on. You can read a bit about it here: http://blog.tuckerfamily.co.nz/2012/08/spitfire-project.html

Have you got the workshop manual or the restoration book by Haynes? They may show you where the parts are from. If not, I will check mine for you and let you know.
http://amzn.to/10cKO5y

cheers,
John

amy said...

Thanks for the links. How is your spitfire doing?

I looked through a Spitfire parts catalog (Victoria British winter catalog) and the Haynes manual, but could not find what I was looking for. It is quite possible that I am looking in the wrong sections of the catalog and manual and will need to take a more thorough look. I think I may need to to spend some time walking around the chassis to see if I can visually match up the parts.

Jack said...

The large bracket is the rear mounting bracket for the transmission. Nice blog.