Saturday, January 1, 2011

Good weather = spray painting outside

I had been meaning to publish this post for a few weeks now, but it took me a while take the picture I was going to include with it...

The holidays have been a good time to relax and leisurely work on the Triumph. With the weather being uncommonly warm this week, I spent some time cleaning up the front lower suspension arms so I could do some spray painting outside. Using wire brushes, steel wool, sandpaper, and a lot of elbow grease, I spent about 2 hours cleaning off the surface rust from the arms. Another hour or so was used to prep, prime, and paint the arms to a glossy black. The dremel worked great for this project as the dime-sized wire brush attachment cleaned hard to reach places.

For this project, I used Rustoleum auto paint and primer that I picked up at the local hardware store. The reviews online seem to be ok (not great), but should be ok for this purpose.

The result...(for reference, see previous post on what the arms looked like before cleaning and paint)


Next up... clean and re-paint upper suspensions arms

1 comment:

Steve said...

Good job! I really enjoy reading your posts since we're working on the exact same car. Thought I'd also let you guys know that I started blogging too. If your interested you can find me at spitfire68.blogspot.com
Keep it going!
Steve