Saturday, November 15, 2008

Moving on from the steering wheel


With the steering wheel being stubborn, I decided to switch gears and make progress elsewhere in the meantime.

Last weekend, we had drained the oil and fuel (I now know how to change my oil - super easy, but can be messy). The lesson learned from that process is to splurge and buy the nifty fuel container where you can pour the oil out from a spout. It looks like a gimmick, but really it would have prevented oil from getting everywhere as we tried to transfer the oil to a milk jug.

Chris' father was visiting this weekend and when they got bored of fixing the house, they came out to help me with the car. I had been trying to remove the bottom bumper, but the screws had rusted on pretty well. For two strong guys, though, this wasn't a problem and they got the bumper off in no time. I'd like to say, I micro-managed the effort.

With three people working on the car today, we got a lot done. The most accomplished in a long time. Today we removed the fuel tank, fuel line and filter, drained the radiator, removed the radiator and its mount, and removed the horn. Some progress, finally...

1 comment:

Steve said...

Your cars going to look great when its done... keep up the good work. Ive got a 1976 spitfire... and your progress is putting me to shame.... time to dust off my tools I think...;-)

Steve Devon UK